Below is a copy of the letter that went out to Nursery and Reception, thank you for your continued support.
Dear Parents/ Carers
Allergies are becoming increasingly common among children, and this year there are student/s in your child’s classroom who have life threatening allergies to a number of allergens some common such as Nuts and nut products including those found in oils such as make up and body lotions- any exposure to these items, even a tiny amount, could be potentially very serious and life threatening for these children.
We do ask our students and families to help make the school environment safer for all students, by following these simple suggestions:
• Please avoid sending any foods that contain nuts, such as peanut butter or nutella sandwiches, muesli or health bars with nuts, to school with your child. Please avoid sending: sesame seeds, lentils, corn, beans and all nuts.
• Please always contact the Classroom Teacher before sending any food for sharing with the class for special celebrations like birthdays, Easter or Christmas.
• Please remind your child never to share his/her food and drinks with other students.
• Please wash your child’s face and hands thoroughly before they leave home, especially if your child has eaten nuts/allergens (sesame seeds, lentils, corn, beans and all nuts) prior to coming to school.
• Please remind your child often to wash their hands before and after eating.
We also ask that the use of body lotions and oils that may contain a nut product, examples being coconut oil and shea butter, are not used on pupils prior to them coming into nursery.
We greatly appreciate your support for children with allergies. Together we can make a difference.
Thank you for helping to support our school community.
Mrs S. Gallimore & Mrs B. Mason